- The Mourning Handbook. Helen Fitzgerald 1995
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working through Grief. Martha Hickman 1994
- Grieving Mindfully: A Compassionate and Spiritual Guide to Coping with Loss. Sameet Kumar 2005
- How to go on Living When Someone You Love Dies. Therese Rando 1998.
- Tear Soup. Chuck DeKlyen & Pat Schwiebert 2005
- Good Grief. Granger Westberg 2010
- Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas. Alan Wolfelt 2001
- Beyond Grief: A Guide For Recovering From the Death of a Loved One. Carol Staudacher 1987
- The Understanding Your Grief Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones. (workbook) Alan Wolfelt 2004
- How Good Do We Have To Be? A New Understanding of Guilt and Forgiveness. Harold Kushner 1997
- Living When a Loved One Has Died. Earl A. Grollman 1997
- I Can’t Stop Crying: It’s So Hard When Someone You Love Dies. Rev. J. D. Martin & F. D. Ferris 1992
- Unattended Sorrow: Recovering From Loss and Reviving the Heart. Stephen Levine 2006
- Healing Through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear and Despair. Miriam Greenspan 2004
- Life after Loss: A Practical Guide to Renewing Your Life after a Major Loss. Bob Deits 2004
- The Way of Transition: Embracing Life’s Most Difficult Moments. William Bridges 2001
- Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul. Jack Canfield 2012
- Don’t Let Death Ruin Your Life: A Practical Guide to Reclaiming Happiness After The Death Of A Loved One. Jill Brooke 2001
- Surviving Holidays, Birthdays, and Anniversaries. Brook Noel 2004
- Progressing Through Grief: Guided Exercises to Understand Your Emotions and Recover from Loss. Stephanie Jose
LOSS OF A PARENT
- Losing Your Parents, Finding Your Self: The Defining Turning Point Of Adult Life. Victoria Secunda 2000
- Father Loss: How Sons of All Ages Come to Term with the Deaths of Their Dads. Neil Chethik 2001.
- Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss. Hope Edelman 1994
- The Orphaned Adult: Understanding and Coping with Grief and Change after the Death of Our Parents. Alexander Levy, 1999.
- When Parents Die: A Guide for Adults. Edward Myers 1997
- She Loved Me, She Loved Me Not: Adult Parent Loss After A Conflicted Relationship. (2001) Linda J. Converse 2001
- The Closer We Are to Dying. Joe Fioritto 2001
LOSS OF A SPOUSE OR PARTNER
- Swallowed by a Snake; The Gift of the Masculine Side of Healing. Thomas Golden 1997
- A Grief Observed. CS Lewis 2015
- Seven Choices: Finding Daylight After Grief Shatters Your World. Elizabeth harper Neeld 2003
- Gay Widowers: Life after the Death of a Partner. Michael Shernoff, 1997
- Widower: When Men Are Left Alone. Scott Silverman 1996.Lesbian
- Widows: Invisible Grief. Vicky Whipple 2014
- Widow to Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas for Rebuilding Your Life. Genevieve Davis Ginsburg 2004
- Healing a Spouse’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas after Your Husband or Wife Dies. D. Wolfelt 2003
LOSS OF AN ADULT SIBLING
- Surviving The Death Of A Sibling: Living Through Grief When And Adult Brother Or Sister Dies. T.J. Wray 2003
- Letters to Sara: The Agony of Adult Sibling Loss. Anne McCurry 2001
- Recovering From The Loss Of A Sibling: When A Brother Or Sister Dies. Katherine Fair Donnelly 2000
Grief Forums and Online Support Groups
If you want to connect with others who are experiencing something similar, or if you want to express yourself, you can make use of grief forums and online support groups. These sites provide an outlet that can be helpful. Additionally, you can connect with people who can become lifelong friends.
- GriefShare: This site helps you find a grief support group. You can receive daily inspirational emails, and connect with those who can help you through the grieving process.
- Grieving.com: The forums on this site can be helpful and healing.
- GriefNet: Join forums, create a memorial, or find information to help you cope with your grief. A helpful site.
- Grief and Loss Forum: Great offering from PsychForums.
- The Grieving Forum: Share feelings and go through the process with others.
- Adult Sibling Grief: Forum for those mourning the loss of an adult sibling.
- Angel on My Shoulder: Great site aimed at helping widows and widowers cope with grief.
- HALOS: Non-profit site that can help you cope with grief. Good support groups.
- Mom’s Halo: This is a support forum for those without mothers. A great way to connect and to cope.
- Grief Healing Discussion Groups: Learn more about healing and grief, and connect with others.
Grief Counseling Centers and Grief Support and Education Organizations
You can find resources, help and support by visiting the web sites of organizations devoted to grief. These grief counseling organizations can help you find information to help yourself, as well as provide references to grief and bereavement professionals in your local area. Support web sites can also provide comfort.
It is possible to make use of memorial sites to share your feelings about a departed loved one. There are memorial web sites that can help you express your final message to someone, or to share your feelings. In some cases, this can be therapeutic as you work through your grief.
Motivation, Inspiration and Positivity Sites
Sometimes, when experiencing grief, it can be difficult to find the motivation to continue with every day activities. If you are looking for motivation and some positive help to encourage you to heal and keep going forward, these sites might be able to help.